The global C5ISR market is set to gain impetus from the surging need for battlefield management systems for efficient land-based operations. It is capable of providing decision-making tools, unique sensors, and weapon platforms to soldiers or an individual commander. Raytheon Technologies Corporation, for instance, signed a contract with the U.S. Air Force in June 2020 worth USD 350 million to develop state-of-the-art battlefield management systems. As per a report by Fortune Business Insights™, titled, “C5ISR Market, 2021-2028,” the market size was USD 120.35 billion in 2020. It is projected to grow from USD 123.63 billion in 2021 to USD 152.51 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 3.04% in the forecast period.
The report highlights the following key information:
- The research report provides extensive information on the factors that are expected to affect the market growth and share during the forecast period.
- The report presents the current scenario and future growth prospects of the market in various geographical regions.
- The report delivers a competitive landscape analysis of the market, along with qualitative and quantitative information.
- The SWOT analysis and Porter’s Five Force analysis are conducted in the report.
- The in-depth analysis of the market offers insights into the growth rate and opportunities available in the business.
Request a Free Sample PDF Brochure:
Naval Segment Earned 42.66% Share in 2020: Fortune Business Insights™
By type, the market is segregated into space, airborne, naval, and land. Out of these, the naval segment generated 42.66% in terms of the C5ISR market share in 2020. Several countries, such as the U.S., India, and China are investing huge sums in naval modernization programs. It is set to drive this segment’s growth.
A list of renowned C5ISR providers operating in the global market:
- BAE Systems (The U.K)
- CACI International Inc. (The U.S.)
- Collins Aerospace (The U.S.)
- Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel)
- General Dynamics Corporation (The U.S.)
- L3Harris Technologies Inc. (The U.S.)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (The U.S.)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (The U.S.)
- SAAB AB (Sweden)
- Thales Group (France)
This report is bifurcated into several attributes which include manufacturers, region, type, application, market status, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities, challenges, emerging trends, risks, entry barriers, sales channels, and distributors which are again detailed in the report as required to describe the topic and provide maximum information for better decision making. This market report also provides an exhaustive analysis of geographical scenario of the industry including detailed analysis of market scope, share, year on year development and opportunity analysis about the major regions.
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Need to Access Real-time Database Will Favor Growth
The high demand for situational awareness to analyze, identify, and process critical systems for gaining information about battlefield operations are set to propel the C5ISR market growth. This cutting-edge technology helps in offering maritime, ground, and air solutions and ensures access to the real-time database. The decision-making process in a battlefield operation requires video management, high-bandwidth sensors, and secured network routers. At the same time, these systems help in generating vital sensor, flight, and mission information for refining the effectiveness of the decision-making process. However, C5ISR systems are very expensive because of their inclusion of various unique components. It may hamper growth.
Get Customized PDF Brochure:
COVID-19 Pandemic: Enhancement of Capabilities in Various Countries to Aid Growth
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has positively affected this industry across the globe. Most of the companies present in the industry are aiming to enhance their capabilities by conducting extensive R&D activities. In 2021, for instance, China surged its defense budget by 6.8% to improve its military forces. We are offering in-depth research reports to help you get a clear picture of the current scenario of the market amid the pandemic.
Presence of Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics to Help North America Dominate
Geographically, North America procured USD 50.86 billion in 2020 in terms of revenue. It is anticipated to remain at the forefront in the near future because of the presence of multiple reputed C5ISR providers, such as Lockheed Martin Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, L3Harris Technologies Inc., and Northrop Grumman Corporation. On the other hand, Europe is set to show significant growth on account of the higher defense expenditure by Russia, France, and Germany. In Asia Pacific, South Korea, India, and China are likely to be the major contributors to growth backed by the rising military spending by them.
Key Players Focus on Bagging New Contracts to Strengthen Their Positions
The market contains a large number of prominent manufacturers that are striving persistently to win new contracts from government bodies. This strategy is helping them to strengthen their positions in the global market. Below are the two vital industry developments:
- February 2020: BAE Systems received a four-year contract from the U.S. Navy worth USD 42.5 million. It would enable the company to deliver shore-based landing systems integration (LSI) support services for instrument and instrument carrier landing systems.
- February 2020: Leonardo DRS, Inc. received a contract for providing a suite of electronic products worth USD 808 million. These products will be used to link C5ISR equipment with combat vehicles. It would help federal agencies in satisfying interconnection requirements.
Read Related News:
Military Sensors Market Trends
Advanced Combat Helmet Market Size
Autonomous Navigation Market Share
Aerospace & Defense Additive Manufacturing Market Growth
Voice Communication Control System Market Forecast
DC-DC Converter Market Analysis
Airport Robot Market Opportunities
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower, Baner,
Mahalunge Road, Baner, Pune – 411045,
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]