The global weather radar market is expected to gain impetus from the increasing need of safe and comfortable flights. Australia, for instance, currently possesses 60 weather radars. But, it is planning to install more of those in the coming years. The report further states that the market size was USD 233.1 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 261.4 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.92% during the forecast period.
Key information from the Research Report:
- Extensive information on factors estimated to affect the market growth and share during the forecast period is presented in the report.
- The report offers the present scenario and future growth prospects of market in various geographical regions.
- The competitive landscape analysis on the market as well as the qualitative and quantitative information is delivered.
- The SWOT analysis is conducted.
- The in-depth analysis provides an insight into the market, underlining the growth rate and opportunities offered in the business.
Shutdown of Airports & Decline in Travel amid COVID-19 to Hamper Growth
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the globe is taking a toll on the aviation industry. Hence, several component manufacturers are facing severe monetary losses, as well as disruptions in supply chains. This has further resulted in a decline in aircraft deliveries. As airports are shut down, the owners are postponing or cancelling the purchase of new tools and equipment to control air traffic. These factors would obstruct the demand for these radars. But, our reports would help you gain a competitive edge in the market by selecting the right strategy.
Get a Free Sample PDF Of Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ provides a list of all the renowned manufacturers operating in the global market. They are as follows:
- Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company (The U.S.)
- Honeywell International Inc. (The U.S.)
- EWR Radar Systems (The U.S.)
- Enterprise Electronics Corporation (Alabama, The U.S.)
- LEONARDO Germany GmbH (Germany)
- Beijing Minstar Radar Co., Ltd. (Beijing, China)
- Vaisala (Vantaa, Finland)
- GAMIC mbH (Aachen, Germany)
- FURUNO ELECTRIC CO., LTD. (Hyogo, Japan)
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Aircraft Deliveries to Accelerate Growth
There is a surging demand for airborne weather radars as they help in assisting the passengers, crew, and pilots regarding the weather conditions. This way, they can avoid entering in the harsh weather zones. Also, the increasing aircraft deliveries would drive the weather radar market growth in the near future. This would mainly occur on account of the improvements of economic conditions in various developing nations. It is, in turn, set to increase the demand for air travel. Reputed airliners are therefore looking for broadening their fleet. However, these radars are only capable of detecting the presence of liquid. This drawback may hinder growth.
Highlights of This Report:
- Elaborate analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Insights to aid stakeholders in detecting opportunities.
- A 360-degree analysis of the global market.
- Vital recommendations on winning successful strategies & imperatives.
Ask for Customization:
Aviation Industry Segment to Lead Stoked by Rising Expenditure in Various Applications
Based on application, the market is segregated into military, aviation industry, and meteorology & hydrology. Out of these, the aviation industry segment is anticipated to lead throughout the forthcoming years by procuring the largest weather radar market share. This growth is attributable to the increasing expenditure in the development of air traffic control, airports, and aircraft applications.
Rising Climate Fluctuations to Favor Growth in Asia Pacific
Geographically, North America is likely to dominate in the coming years. The region held USD 82.8 million in terms of revenue in 2019. The U.S. is considered to be the most significant contributor to growth as it is a major hub for aircraft production. Asia Pacific is set to be the fastest-growing region because of the increasing climate fluctuations.
Key Players Focus on Receiving New Orders to Strengthen Positions
Several market players are engaging in new product development, acquisitions, and contracts to strengthen their positions. Most of them are persistently trying to bag new orders from regulatory bodies across the globe to deliver their in-house weather radars. Below are two significant industry developments:
- March 2020: The U.S. Air Force awarded a contract to EWR Radar Systems, a provider of radar technology based in Kirkwood. As per the contract, the company will deliver 22 portable Doppler weather radar systems. The contract is worth USD 20.7 million.
- June 2018: The Agency for Air Navigation Security in Africa and Madagascar gave a contract to Selex ES GmbH for providing five X-Band weather radar systems. They will soon be installed at five airports in Africa.
Inquiry before Buying:
Browse More Related Reports:
Security Solutions Market Trends
Passenger Security Market Size
Security Solutions Market Share
Passenger Security Market Growth
Antenna Transducer and Radome Market Forecast
155mm Ammunition Market Analysis
NATO C5ISR Market Opportunities
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower, Baner,
Mahalunge Road, Baner, Pune – 411045,
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]