The U.S. electro-optics infrared systems market size is expected to showcase considerable growth by reaching USD 7.40 billion by 2027 while exhibiting a CAGR of 6.19% between 2020 and 2027. The growth is attributable to the increasing demand for technologically advanced UAVs and the growing focus on upgrading military might by the U.S. that will drive the adoption of advanced electro-optics infrared systems. Fortune Business Insights, published this information, in its latest report, titled, “The U.S. Electro-Optics Infrared Systems Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By System (Imaging EO/IR and Non-Imaging EO/IR System), By Technology (Cooled and Uncooled), By Sensor Technology (Staring and Scanning Sensor), Imaging Technology (Multispectral and Hyperspectral), By Wavelength (Ultraviolet, Visible, Near Infrared, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR), By Platform (Airborne, Land, and Marine/Naval), By Laser Range Finder (Airborne, Land, and Marine), By End User (Commercial and Military), and Country Forecasts, 2020-2027.” The report further mentions that the market stood at USD 5.55 billion in 2019.
Key information from the Research Report:
- Extensive information on factors estimated to affect the market growth and share during the forecast period is presented in the report.
- The report offers the present scenario and future growth prospects of market in various geographical regions.
- The competitive landscape analysis on the market as well as the qualitative and quantitative information is delivered.
- The SWOT analysis is conducted.
- The in-depth analysis provides an insight into the market, underlining the growth rate and opportunities offered in the business.
Suspended EO/IR Contracts amid COVID-19 to Restrain Growth
The aerospace and defense industry is experiencing tremendous pressure due to the COVID-19 pandemic owing to sudden halt in the operations and activities. The supply chain disruption has led the EO/IR system manufacturers to postpone the development and delivery of advanced surveillance systems leading to postponement of contracts. This is expected to hinder the growth of the market to some extent. However, collaborations amongst enterprises to provide efficient solutions are likely to favor the market growth during the forecast period.The electro-optics infrared (EO/IR) system usually consists of visible and infrared sensors that can efficiently detect target hologram that aids in military application. The sensors that are integrated provide detailed information such as target size, shape, and other minute details to prevent intrusion by enemies across borders.
Get a Free Sample PDF Brochure of this Research Report:
Increasing Adoption of Technologically Advanced UAVs to Propel Market Growth
The total U.S. military spending is estimated to be around USD 934 in 2020-21. The increasing focus on upgrading the military is expected to propel the manufacturers to develop advanced electro-optics infrared systems to cater to the defense applications in the region. Additionally, the deployment of advanced UAVs for surveillance purposes is expected to bode well for the U.S. electro-optics infrared systems during the forecast period.
Imaging EO/IR Segment Held 44.32% Market Share in 2019
The imaging EO/IR segment, based on system, held a market share of about 44.32% in 2019 and is expected to gain momentum backed by increasing adoption of advanced imaging solutions to improve target detection and target monitoring in different weather conditions.
Increasing Focus on Maritime Warfare to Augment Market Growth
The U.S. electro-optics infrared systems market is expected to showcase considerable growth in the forthcoming years. This is attributable to the increasing focus on developing advanced electro-optics infrared systems for maritime warfare in the region. The U.S. generated USD 5.55 billion in 2019 in terms of revenue.
Get Your Customized Research Report:
Key Players Focus on Developing Advanced Systems to Brighten Their Market Prospects
The U.S. electro-optics infrared systems market comprises of small, medium, and large EO/IR systems manufacturers that are focusing on developing advanced electro-optics infrared systems to cater to the growing demand in the U.S. Additionally, adoption of strategies such as partnership, collaboration, and merger and acquisition by the major companies is expected to bode well for the market growth.
- July 2020 – The U.S. Army awarded a contract to L3 Technologies to provide advanced next-generation WESCAM MX 10D electro-optical, laser designator (EO/IT/LD), infrared system to upgrade Tactical Unmanned Air System Shadow UAV (RQ-7Bv2). According to the company, the WESCAM system is capable of delivering high precision situation awareness during the battlefield operations.
List of the Companies Operating in the Market for the U.S. Electro-Optics Infrared Systems
- Leonardo S.P.A. (Italy)
- Leonardo DRS (The U.S.)
- Leonardo Selex (Italy)
- L-3 Harris Technologies Inc. (The U.S.)
- L3 Warrior Systems (The U.S.)
- L3 ALST (The U.S.)
- L3 Sonoma (The U.S.)
- L3 WesCam (Canada)
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation (The U.S.)
- Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (The U.S.)
- United Technologies Corporation (The U.S.)
- Collins Cloud Cap (The U.S.)
- Boeing Insitu (The U.S.)
- LOGOS TECHNOLOGIES (The U.S.)
- AeroVironment, Inc. (The U.S.)
- OPTICS 1, INC. (The U.S.)
- FLIR Systems, Inc. (The U.S.)
- Arete (The U.S.)
- BAE Systems (The U.K.)
- Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel)
- General Dynamics Corporation (The U.S.)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (The U.S.)
- Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation (The U.S.)
- Rheinmetall AG (Germany)
- Saab Group. (Sweden)
- Thales Group. (France)
Inquire Before Buying Report:
Browse More Related Reports:
Airport Ground Support Vehicle Market Trends
Wall Scanner Market Size
Automated Weather Observation System Market Share
Automated Border Control System Market Growth
Naval Actuator Market Forecast
Aerospace Additive Manufacturing Market Analysis
Aircraft Carrier Market Opportunities
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower, Baner,
Mahalunge Road, Baner, Pune – 411045,
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter