The global offshore helicopter service market size is projected to reach USD 3,227.7 million by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.17% during the forecast period. Escalating demand for oil and gas worldwide will be the primary growth factor driving this market, finds Fortune Business Insights™ in its recent report, titled “Offshore Helicopter Service Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Light Weight, Medium Weight, and Heavy Weight), By Application (Inspection, Monitoring and Surveying, Passenger Transport, Goods Transport, Search and Rescue, and Others), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026”. The oil & gas helicopter services market growth is premised on the consistently rising demand for oil and gas as primary energy and power sources. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), in third quarter of 2019, the global demand for oil rose to 1.1 million barrels a day, more than doubling from 435,000 barrels per day from the preceding quarter of the same year. Similarly, the IEA states that global natural gas consumption rose by 4.6% in 2018 from 2017 levels and by 2030, the demand will spike as natural gas will provide a gateway from oil and coal. Thus, steady rise in offshore oil and gas exploration operations to meet the surging demand will drive the offshore helicopter service market trends.
Report Aim & Scope:
- An overview of the market based on geographical scope, segmentation and financial performance of key players is presented in the report.
- The report presents the estimated market size by the end of forecast period. Additionally, the historical and current market size is also examined in the report.
- Based on various indicators, the Year on Year growth (%) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the given forecast period is offered.
- The report presents current trends in the industry and future scope of the market in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Europe.
- The various parameters accelerating the growth of the market are incorporated in the research report.
- The report analyzes growth rate, market size and valuation of the market during the forecast period.
Tight Regulations on Helicopter Services to Stem Growth
Aviation regulatory bodies have framed tough and rigid rules and laws for operators in the aerospace industry. For instance, helicopter operators need to apply for certification from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to carry out offshore services. These operators need to abide by stringent norms governing safety of pilots and passengers, transportation of cargo, and inspection, among others. Getting nod from the FAA is a time-consuming process, making it difficult for operators to establish themselves. The case is similar in India where the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has set up tight rules and regulations for monitoring aviation services in general and helicopter services in particular. As a result, the smooth growth trajectory of this market is thwarted by regulatory bumps and is likely to restrict its expansion in the coming years.
North America to Hold a Commanding Market Position; Europe and Asia-Pacific to Grow Healthily
North America boasted of a market size of USD 707.43 million in 2018 and is poised to lead the offshore helicopter service market share during the forecast period. The primary reason for this is the discovery of shale gas in the region, which has spiked the activity of oil and gas rigs. In Europe, on the other hand, the demand for FAA-certified helicopters is rising, fueling the market in the process. In Asia-Pacific, governments are framing supportive policies to encourage exploration operations especially in China, Australia, Vietnam, and India, which bodes well for the market in the region.
Get Customized Research Report:
Strategic Collaborations to Aid Players’ Global Expansion
The offshore helicopter service market analysis indicates that the market is set to experience a highly dynamic period owing to the increasing collaborations and partnerships that companies are entering. These joint ventures are becoming a prominent strategy as players are using the enhanced opportunities to expand their global foothold in this market.
- February 2020: The UK-based aviation specialist HeliSpeed and Cobham Aviation Services Australia entered into a search-and-rescue (SAR) agreement. Under the partnership, Cobham will support HeliSpeed’s search-and-rescue operations in the Dutch Caribbean island of Curaçao, with HeliSpeed providing Cobham with more than 1200 expert pilots.
- June 2019: The Canadian helicopter services company CHC Helicopter secured a contract from the German company Wintershall Dea for helicopter services. The award comes in the context of the upcoming drilling program in the Norwegian Sea that Wintershall is slated to head.
Inquire Before Buying:
List of Companies Covered in the Offshore Helicopter Service Market Report:
- Abu Dhabi Aviation
- Babcock International
- CHC Helicopters
- Cougar Helicopters Inc.
- Era Group Inc.
- Gulf Helicopters Company
- Heligo Charters Pvt. Ltd.
- Omni Helicopters International
- PHI Inc.
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]