The U.S. small caliber ammunition market size is projected to reach USD 2,330 million by 2026, thereby exhibiting a CAGR of 0.76% during the forecast period. This information is published in a recent study by Fortune Business Insights™, titled, “The U.S. Small Caliber Ammunition Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Caliber (22 LR, 223 Remington, 308 Winchester, 9mm Luger, 357 Magnum, 45 Auto/ACP, 380 ACP, 40 S&W, 38 Special, 30-06 Springfield, 7.62*39, 7.62*54r, 5.45*39, 50 BMG, 6.5 Grendel, 12 Gauge, 44 Magnum, and Others), Casing Type (Brass, Steel, Brass-coated Steel), Bullet Type (Lead, Copper, Brass, and Others), Distribution Channel (Online Stores, Retail Stores (Large Outlets, Shooting Ranges, and Local/ Niche Shops)), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026.” The report further states that the market was worth USD 2,350 million in 2018.
Urgent Need for Handguns & Shotguns for Personal Safety Will Drive Market
In the U.S., citizens are becoming increasingly aware of safety and security as the country is one of the biggest victims of mass shootings. Therefore, the rising concerns regarding personal security are set to propel the U.S. small caliber ammunition market growth during the forthcoming years. The government is also taking several initiatives to train youngsters as well as professionals for firearm safety through different chartered programs, such as the ‘Civilian Marksmanship’ program.
Shotguns and handguns are used the most for personal safety. It is, in turn, causing an increasing demand for calibers that are required in revolvers and pistols. Besides, the rising import activities from all over the world, coupled with increasing production of handguns, would augment market growth in the U.S. Lastly, training courses from shooting ranges and shooting sports competitions are also expected to boost the demand for small ammunition in this region.
Request Sample PDF Brochure :-
Report Aim & Scope:
- An overview of the market based on geographical scope, segmentation and financial performance of key players is presented in the report.
- The report presents the estimated market size by the end of forecast period. Additionally, the historical and current market size is also examined in the report.
- Based on various indicators, the Year on Year growth (%) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the given forecast period is offered.
- The report presents current trends in the industry and future scope of the market in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Europe.
- The various parameters accelerating the growth of the market are incorporated in the research report.
- The report analyzes growth rate, market size and valuation of the market during the forecast period.
9mm Luger Segment to Lead: Growing Demand for Handguns Will Favor Growth
In terms of caliber, the market is divided into 5.45*39, 22 LR, 9mm Luger, 223 Remington, 6.5 Grendel, 308 Winchester, 44 Magnum, 357 Magnum, 40 S&W, 45 Auto/ACP, 30-06 Springfield, 380 ACP, 12 Gauge, 38 Special, 50 BMG, 7.62*54r, 7.62*39, and others. Out of these, at present, the 9mm Luger segment holds the highest U.S. small caliber ammunition market share. It is one of the most used pistol cartridges that is needed in handguns. In the U.S., handguns are used for self-defense, sports shooting, and hunting. Also, the rising demand for pistols for a wide range of applications is accelerating the demand for this type of caliber.
Furthermore, 9mm Luger is a standard caliber that is available in the market in various types, namely, open tip match (OTM), jacketed hollow point (JHP), full metal jackets (FMJ), and others. The FMJ types are used for practicing shooting, while the JHP types are used for self-defense. Apart from that, it is cost-effective. The 223 Remington segment had generated 15.30% U.S. small caliber ammunition market share in 2018.
NovX Ammo Unveils 9mm ARX Engagement: Extreme Self-Defense Ammo
September 2017: NovX Ammo blended copper polymer and stainless steel to launch the 9mm Luger +P and standard pressure Engagement: Extreme Self-Defense cartridges. It is considered to be a lethal combination of bullet technology that is extremely effective. The bullets create devastating wound channels, offer less felt recoil, and fly flatter than lead. It mixes the intellectual properties of a polymer ARX bullet, an aluminum primer base, and Shell Shock Technologies (SST) stainless steel casing. It does not operate on the principle of mushrooming or hydrostatic shock but on Aero and Fluid Dynamics.
Key Players Assessment in this Research:
- The report offers detailed analysis of leading companies in the market across the globe.
- It provides details of the major vendors involved in this market
- A comprehensive overview of each company including the company profile, generated revenue, pricing of goods and the manufactured products is incorporated in the report.
- The facts and figures about market competitors along with standpoints of leading market players are presented in the report.
- The recent developments, mergers and acquisitions related to mentioned key players are provided in the market report.
Inquire Before Buying This Report:-
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out some of the most renowned companies operating in the U.S. small caliber ammunition market. They are as follows:
- Olin Corporation
- Denel SOC Ltd
- RAUG Group
- Remington Arms Company, LLC.
- Aguila Ammunition
- MAST Technology, Inc.
- Sellier & Ballot
- VISTA OUTDOOR OPERATIONS LLC.
- PPU USA Ammo
- Nammo AS
- Barnaul Ammunition
- FIOCCHI MUNIZIONI SPA
- Wolf Performance Ammunition
- Other key market players
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]