The global automatic weapons market size is expected to reach USD 15.04 billion by 2027. This is attributable to the increasing demand for advanced automatic weapons and the rising defense budget of nations across the globe. This information is published by Fortune Business Insights, in its latest report, titled, “Automatic Weapons Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Product (Automatic Rifles, Machine Guns, Automatic Launchers, Automatic Cannons, and Gatling Guns), By Type (Fully Automatic and Semi-Automatic), By Caliber (Small Caliber, Medium Caliber, and Large Caliber), By End Use (Land, Naval, Airborne, and Handheld & Stationary) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The report mentions that the market stood at USD 8.44 billion in 2019 and is likely to exhibit a CAGR of 7.85% between 2020 and 2027.
An automatic weapon is a type of weapon that has the capability of firing gunshots automatically. They do not require manual operation every time while firing and automatically burst fire. Additionally, these self-loading weapons are preferred by people globally owing to their sophistication and convenience in handling.
Increasing Demand for Advanced Weapons to Upgrade Defense amid COVID-19
As per a New York Times analysis of federal data, approximately 1.9 million guns were sold in the U.S. during the global pandemic. The growing sense of security and well-being is driving people to buy weapons for their safety. The novel coronavirus may have affected several economies, however, the demand for weapons has been consistent that will bode well for the market growth in the forthcoming years.
Get Sample PDF Brochure with Impact of COVID19:
List of the Leading Companies Profiled in the Global Automatic Weapons Market are:
- BARRETT (The U.S.)
- BAE Systems (The U.K.)
- China North Industries Corporation Norinco (China)
- Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC (The U.S.)
- Denel Land Systems (South Africa)
- FN Herstal (The U.K.)
- General Dynamics Corporation (The U.S.)
- Heckler & Koch AG (The U.S.)
- Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd (Israel)
- Kalashnikov Concern (Russia)
- KBP Instrument Design Bureau (Russia)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation. (The U.S.)
- Rheinmetall AG (Germany)
- ST Engineering (Singapore)
- Ukroboroprom (Ukraine)
Key Highlights Involved in the Report: –
- Automatic Weapons Market Share, distributors, major suppliers, changing price patterns and the supply chain of raw materials is highlighted in the report. It forecast data by regions, type and application, with sales and revenue, from 2020 to 2027.
- The report overtly defines the status of key players in the competitive landscape while including their portfolio and geographical expansion endeavors.
- The research report covers size, share, trends and growth analysis of the Automatic Weapons Market on the global and regional level with Key business strategies by major market players and their key methods.
- SWOT Analysis of each defined key players along with its profile and Porter’s five forces tool mechanism to compliment the same.
- The report provides a detailed evaluation of the market by highlighting information on different aspects which include drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats.
The Automatic Weapons market research report provides key statistics on the state of the industry and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the market. The report can assist with understanding the market and plan for business extension appropriately by giving inside and out investigation to new contestants or exists rivals in the Automatic Weapons business.
What does the Report Include?
The market report includes a detailed assessment of various growth drivers and restraints, opportunities, and challenges that the market will face during the projected horizon. Additionally, the report provides comprehensive research into the regional developments of the market, affecting its growth during the forecast period. It includes information sourced from the advice of expert professionals from the industry by our research analysts using several methodologies. The competitive landscape offers further detailed insights into strategies such as product launches, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and collaborations adopted by the companies to maintain market stronghold between 2020 and 2027.
Rising Spend on Defense Budget to Augment Growth
According to the U.S. Department of Defense, around USD 686.1 billion of defense budget was approved by the government in the U.S. in 2019. The increasing defense budget by the nation’s globally to upgrade its military is likely to surge the demand for advanced automatic weapons. Additionally, the escalating tension of war is propelling the countries to adopt advanced weapon systems that are expected to contribute to the growth of the global automatic weapons market in the forthcoming years.
Automatic Rifles Held 40.57% Market Share in 2019
The automatic rifles segment, based on the product, held a market share of about 40.57% compared to others. The segment is expected to experience significant growth owing to the increasing demand for automatic rifles from armed forces during the forecast period.
This Automatic Weapons Market Research/Analysis Report Contains Answers to your following Questions
- Which Manufacturing Technology is used for Automatic Weapons? What Developments Are Going On in That Technology? Which Trends Are Causing These Developments?
- Who Are the Global Key Players in This Automatic Weapons Market? What are Their Company Profile, Their Product Information, and Contact Information?
- What Was Global Market Status of Automatic Weapons Market? What Was Capacity, Production Value, Cost and PROFIT of Automatic Weapons Market?
- What Is Current Market Status of Automatic Weapons Industry? What’s Market Competition in This Industry, Both Company, and Country Wise? What’s Market Analysis of Automatic Weapons Market by Taking Applications and Types in Consideration?
- What Are Projections of Global Automatic Weapons Industry Considering Capacity, Production and Production Value? What Will Be the Estimation of Cost and Profit? What Will Be Market Share, Supply and Consumption? What about Import and Export?
- What Is Automatic Weapons Market Chain Analysis by Upstream Raw Materials and Downstream Industry?
- What Is Economic Impact On Automatic Weapons Industry? What are Global Macroeconomic Environment Analysis Results? What Are Global Macroeconomic Environment Development Trends?
- What Are Market Dynamics of Automatic Weapons Market? What Are Challenges and Opportunities?
- What Should Be Entry Strategies, Countermeasures to Economic Impact, and Marketing Channels for Automatic Weapons Industry?
If you have any question on this report or if you are looking for any specific Segment, Application, Region or any other custom requirements, then Connect with an expert for customization of Report.
Get your Customized Research Report:
North America to Remain at Forefront; Presence of Established Players to Augment Growth
Among all the regions, North America is expected to hold the highest position in the global automatic weapons market during the forecast period. This is attributable to the presence of established manufacturers such as Northrop Grumman Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, and others. These companies are developing advanced automatic weapons to cater to the increasing demand for ammunition in the region. North America stood at USD 3.06 billion in 2019.
The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to experience exponential growth backed by the rising government funding to upgrade the nation’s defense along the borders that will favor the demand for sophisticated automatic weapons in the region between 2020 and 2027.
Key Players Sign Contracts to Expand Their Product Portfolio and Boost Sales Revenue
The global automatic weapons market comprises several major companies that are focusing on signing contracts either with government agencies or private companies. These companies are focusing on developing advanced weapons and further boosting their sales revenue to maintain their dominance in the market.
- March 2020 – Rheinmetall, a leading German-based weapons manufacturer, signed a contract with Switzerland’s Federal Office for Defense. As per the contract, the company will provide rifle-mounted laser targeting modules, along with spare parts, accessories, and training support for the Swiss army.
View Related News:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]