The global connected aircraft market size is set to gain traction from the increasing adoption of numerous advanced technologies, such as big data and real-time analytics. These are very reliable for linking the airplane hardware with the internal system. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a new report, titled, “Connected Aircraft Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (System and Solutions), By Connectivity (In-Flight Connectivity, Air-to-Air Connectivity, Air-to-Ground Connectivity), By Application (Commercial and Military), By Frequency (Ka-Band, Ku-Band, L-Band), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The report further states that this market size was USD 4.18 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 10.49 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 22.9% during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Pandemic to Obstruct Growth by Restricting Travel & Delaying New Orders
The COVID-19 pandemic is causing the cancellation of flights, as well as restrictions on travel. These factors have further resulted in the postponements or delay of new aircraft orders. Apart from that, four-tier and three-tier supplies have halted their production because of the lack of a workforce. These factors would hamper the demand for connected aircraft in 2020. However, we are delivering in-depth research reports to help you better understand the present situation.
Get Sample PDF Brochure with Impact of COVID19:
A list of all the renowned connected aircraft manufacturers operating in the global market:
- Honeywell International (The U.S.)
- Gogo LLC (The U.S.)
- Thales Group (France)
- Inmarsat Global Ltd. (The U.K.)
- Collins Aerospace (The U.S.)
- Viasat (The U.S.)
- Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (The U.S.)
What is the scope of the report?
This market study covers the global and regional markets with an in-depth analysis of the overall growth prospects in the market. Furthermore, it sheds light on the comprehensive competitive landscape of the global market. The report further offers a dashboard overview of leading companies encompassing their successful marketing strategies, market contribution, recent developments in both historic and present contexts.
How Did We Conduct Our Research?
The report involved four notable activities in projecting the current market size. Exhaustive secondary research was conducted to gather data about the parent and peer markets. Our next step included primary research to authenticate these sizing, assumptions, and findings with numerous industry experts. We have also used bottom-up and top-down approaches to calculate the market size.
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Adoption of Next-generation Aircraft to Drive Growth
The increasing passenger travels worldwide is set to surge new aircraft orders rapidly. At the same time, increasing disposable incomes of people and rising urbanization is resulting in the high demand for air travel. Also, the increasing usage of next-generation aircraft equipped with enhanced in-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) services would propel the connected aircraft market growth in the coming years. However, the emergence of artificial intelligence (AI), connected technologies, and the Internet of Things (IoT) has surged the risks of cyberattacks. It may hamper the demand for the connected type of aircraft.
Ku-band Segment to Grow Rapidly Fueled by High Demand for SATCOM
Based on frequency, the Ku-band segment generated 55% in terms of the connected aircraft market share in 2019. It is expected to be the fastest-growing segment in the near future because of the high demand for satellite communication (SATCOM). This type of frequency is mainly used because of its ability to offer high-speed data transmission.
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
North America to Remain at the Forefront Stoked by Presence of Reputed Companies
Geographically, North America held USD 2.00 billion in terms of revenue in 2019. It is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forthcoming years on account of the presence of numerous prominent aviation companies, such as Honeywell International, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and the Boeing Company in the U.S.
Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is set to grow rapidly backed by the high demand for air travel, as well as the increasing aircraft deliveries in the region. Besides, the rising need for in-flight internet connectivity and the trend of bringing your device (BYOD) would also aid growth. In Europe, the higher usage of SATCOM intermediate frequencies by key companies is likely to accelerate growth.
Key Players Focus on Signing New Agreements with Other Firms to Intensify Competition
This market is fragmented with the presence of several prominent companies operating globally. Most of them are focusing on receiving new contracts from other organizations to deliver their in-house connected aircraft.
This Connected Aircraft Market Research/analysis Report Contains Answers to your following Questions
- What Is Connected Aircraft Market Chain Analysis by Upstream Raw Materials and Downstream Industry?
- What Is Economic Impact On Connected Aircraft Industry? What are Global Macroeconomic Environment Analysis Results? What Are Global Macroeconomic Environment Development Trends?
- Which Manufacturing Technology is Used for Connected Aircraft? What Developments Are Going On in That Technology? Which Trends Are Causing These Developments?
- Who Are the Global Key Players in This Connected Aircraft Market? What are Their Company Profile, Their Product Information, and Contact Information?
- What Was the Global Market Status of Connected Aircraft Market? What Was Capacity, Production Value, Cost, and PROFIT of Connected Aircraft Market?
- What Is the Current Market Status of the Connected Aircraft Industry? What’s Market Competition in This Industry, Both Company, and Country Wise? What’s Market Analysis of Connected Aircraft Market by Taking Applications and Types in Consideration?
- What Are Projections of Global Connected Aircraft Industry Considering Capacity, Production, and Production Value? What Will Be the Estimation of Cost and Profit? What Will Be Market Share, Supply, and Consumption? What About Import and Export?
- What Are Market Dynamics of Connected Aircraft Market? What Are Challenges and Opportunities?
- What Should Be Entry Strategies, Countermeasures to Economic Impact, Marketing Channels for Connected Aircraft Industry?
Below are the two latest industry developments:
- July 2020: Aerkomm and Airbus Interiors Services (AIS) signed an agreement to install Aerkomm K++ Connectivity Solution on the Airbus A320 Family aircraft. AIS will certify, develop, and install the system on a prototype aircraft.
- December 2019: Panasonic Avionics Corporation signed an agreement with Eutelsat Communications to provide Ku-band capacity on the EUTELSAT 10B satellite on two multi-beam payloads. It will be launched in 2022.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]