According to a new report published by Fortune Business Insights™, titled “Global 5G in Aviation Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Platform (5G Airport and 5G Aircraft), Technology (FWA, URLLC/MMTC, and eMBB), Communication Infrastructure (Small Cell, Radio Access Network (RAN) and Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)), 5G Services (Airport Operations, and Aircraft Operations), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026”, The 5G in aviation market is projected to reach USD 4.2 billion, surging at a CAGR of 53.46% during the forecast period. The increasing need to replace 4G LTE with 5G technology in aviation is foreseen to be one of the central factors driving the growth of this market. The aviation industry is expanding at breakneck speed and 5G technology is slated to play a crucial role in charting its development. The introduction of 5G in this industry is aimed at establishing a robust connectivity infrastructure that would facilitate seamless communication between aircraft and their ground control systems. The market value stood at USD 0.2 billion in 2019.
Moreover, high-speed internet on planes would enable people to conduct business activities whilst they are flying, saving them precious time and energy. More importantly, 5G will be instrumental in strengthening the integration of Internet of Things (IoT) technology in the aviation domain, a feat that would be difficult to attain with 4G LTE. This would greatly augment the 5G in aviation market growth till 2026.
The report shares profound insights into the various drivers, dynamics, and other factors that will shape the development of this market during the forecast period. Besides this, the report also provides an elaborative overview of the overall industry outlook that will also influence the market. Lastly, the research contained in the report will aid businesses to take important strategic decisions in a well-informed manner.
The global pandemic, COVID-19, has led to severe repercussion owing to its widespread effects across several economies. Several industries are facing unprecedented losses owing to the lockdown announced by several governments across the globe that has resulted in the complete shutdown of the businesses. The crippling economy, however, is being revived through collective efforts from the government as well as the industries and is expected to bounce back in the coming years.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Fortune Business Insights profiles some of the prominent companies operating in the 5g in aviation market. They are as follows:
- Global Eagle Entertainment
- Smartsky Networks
- Aeromobile Communications
- Inseego Corp.
- Nokia Corporation
- Cisco Systems
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Rising Utility of 5G Technology in Aviation to Boost Growth Prospects
Increasing demand for 5G connectivity in flying operations is expected to be one of the leading 5G in aviation market trends. This is because 5G can be utilized in a wide range of applications. For instance, 5G technology can prove to be critical in drone operations as high-speed connectivity can provide crucial real-time data for any kind of military activity. Furthermore, 5G in aviation can elevate the safety and security quotient of airplanes as pilots will able to communicate swiftly with air control towers in times of distress. One of the most important benefits of aviation 5G is real-time aircraft health monitoring, which can be accomplished through predictive maintenance tools and techniques. These benefits are likely to accelerate the 5G in aviation market revenue in the near future.
North America to Lead the Pack; Asia-Pacific to Follow
With a revenue generation of USD 0.9 billion in 2019, North America is poised to dominate the 5G in aviation market share during the forecast period. The main forces propelling the market in the region include rising demand for better in-flight experience, increasing air travel, and a thriving aviation industry. Development of small regional airports and growing investments by in-flight entertainment service providers such as GoGo in 5G will also play a pivotal role in driving the market in North America.
In Asia-Pacific, rapid expansion of aviation infrastructure and increasing adoption of 5G technology in aviation, especially in China, will be the two key factors driving the growth in this region. China would be one of the early movers for adopting 5G technologies at airports. Moreover, Japan, Australia, and South Korea are doubling down their investment in developing 5G infrastructure, which will augur well for the market in Asia-Pacific.
Prudent Partnerships to Stimulate Competition
The 5G in aviation market forecast by Fortune Business Insights paints a dynamic picture of the competition in this market owing to increasing strategic collaborations between competitors. Such collaborations are aimed at consolidating the players’ hold on the market through broadening of their service offerings.
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
Key questions answered in the report:
- Who are the global key players in this 5G In Aviation market?
- What’s their company profile, product information, contact information?
- What was the global market status of the market?
- What was the capacity, production value, cost, and profit of the market?
- What are projections of the global industry considering capacity, production, and production value?
- What will be the estimation of cost and profit?
- What will be market share, supply, and consumption?
- What is market chain analysis by upstream raw materials and downstream industry?
- What are the market dynamics of the market?
- What are the challenges and opportunities?
- What should be entry strategies, countermeasures to economic impact, marketing channels for the industry?
Radical Highlights of the 5G in Aviation Market Report:
- Study of the latest product launches and technological advancements to help the readers in formulating investment strategies
- Focus on market scenario, dynamics, and trends to be expected in the coming years
- Advanced analytical tools such as Porter’s Five Forces analysis, SWOT analysis, feasibility analysis, and investment return analysis
- Thorough regional analysis to offer insights into production and consumption patterns, supply and demand ratio, market size, revenue contrition, and the presence of prominent players
- Competitive landscape benchmarking with a focus on business profiles, product portfolio, business strategies such as M&A activities, revenue, market positions, market share, global position, and financial standing
- Accurate 8-year forecast analysis for the growth of 5G in Aviation market
- Extensive analysis of market drivers, restraints, growth prospects, opportunities, threats, and limitations
Key Industry Developments:
October 2019: Gogo joined hands with Airspan Networks to develop a novel air-to-ground (ATG) 5G network. It will be designed for business aviation aircraft, small mainline jets, and commercial regional jets shuttling along the US-Canada border areas.
September 2019: Vodafone installed its 5G network at London’s Gatwick Airport. This is part of Gatwick Airport’s five-year digital transformation program, which will make Gatwick one of the first smart airports in the whole of UK.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US:+1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels: