The global azimuth thrusters market is anticipated to gain traction from the ongoing technological advancement and innovations in the propulsion systems. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a new report, titled, “Azimuth Thrusters Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Less than 1500KW, 1500KW-3500KW, and More than 3500KW), By Drive System (Electric Drive System, Diesel Drive System, and Hydraulic Drive System), By Vessel Type (Naval Ships, Offshore Drilling, Recreational Boats, Offshore Wind Farms (CTVs, SOVs), and Others) By End User (OEM and Aftermarket), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The report further states that the market size was USD 651.6 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 559.7 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 0.15% during the forecast period.
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on a wide range of industries by disrupting supply chains and stopping production processes. They are striving to generate income by maintaining social distancing and sanitization measures. Our reports will provide in-depth analysis of the effects of this pandemic on every market.
Get Sample PDF Brochure with Impact of COVID-19:
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out the names of all the prominent azimuth thrusters present in the global market. They are as follows:
- ABB Marine (Switzerland)
- Brunvoll (Norway)
- Caterpillar Inc. (The U.S.)
- Hydromaster (Netherland)
- IHI Corporation (Japan)
- Jastram (Germany)
- Kawasaki (Japan)
- KONGSBERG (Norway)
- NGC (The U.S.)
- SCHOTTEL GROUP (Germany)
- Steerprop (Finland)
- Thrustmaster (The U.S.)
- Veth Propulsion (Netherland)
- Voith Turbo (Germany)
- Wartsila Corporation (Finland)
- Wuxi Ruifeng Marine (China)
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG (Germany)
Drivers & Restraints
Ability to Enhance Speed of Naval Ships will Skyrocket Demand
Azimuth thrusters are extensively used in marine vessels as they deliver the required thrust in suitable directions. They further provide those ships with better maneuverability, unlike the rudder systems and fixed propellers. They are also used for the ships’ dynamic positioning in order to make them pass smoothly through harsh climatic conditions, such as waves and winds.
Besides, azimuth thrusters are capable of enhancing the speed of naval ships. Hence, they are adopted in icebreakers, workboats, cargo vessels, offshore supply vessels, and tugs. Nowadays, ship owners are using them rapidly to gain high operational reliability. They are also easy to maintain. However, the marine industry has been impacted severely owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. Investments in the shipbuilding sector have declined. This factor may hamper the azimuth thrusters market growth in the near future.
1500KW-3500KW Segment to Lead Owing to Rising Survey & Cargo Vessels Globally
Based on type, the market is segregated into more than 3500KW, 1500kw-3500KW, and 1500KW. Out of these, the 1500KW-3500KW segment is expected to lead throughout the forthcoming years on account of the increasing usage of these thrusters in survey & cargo vessels. Also, the increasing maritime trade is surging the number of cargo vessels worldwide. This factor would also drive growth of this segment.
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
Rising Number of Ferries & Fishing Vessels to Favor Growth in North America
In 2019, North America procured USD 103.4 million in terms of azimuth thrusters market share. This growth is attributable to the rising number of cruise ships, fishing vessels, and ferries in this region. Apart from that, the increasing emphasis on fuel consumption would contribute to the market growth. Europe, on the other hand, is set to showcase the fastest growth because of the high demand for medium and small-sized vessels for fishing, transport, and other similar applications in this region. Asia Pacific would exhibit the largest market share owing to the constantly expanding shipbuilding industry in India and China.
Key Players Aim to Bag New Orders for Gaining Competitive Edge
The market for azimuth thrusters possesses a large number of reputed companies that are striving to gain a competitive edge by joining hands with other local enterprises. Some of the others are also trying to bag orders for their in-house azimuth thrusters from renowned companies to strengthen their positions.
This Azimuth Thrusters Market Research/Analysis Report Contains Answers to your following Questions
- Who Are the Global Key Players in This Azimuth Thrusters Market? What are Their Company Profile, Their Product Information, and Contact Information?
- What Was Global Market Status of Azimuth Thrusters Market? What Was Capacity, Production Value, Cost and PROFIT of Azimuth Thrusters Market?
- What Is Current Market Status of Azimuth Thrusters Industry? What’s Market Competition in This Industry, Both Company, and Country Wise? What’s Market Analysis of Azimuth Thrusters Market by Taking Applications and Types in Consideration?
- What Are Projections of Global Azimuth Thrusters Industry Considering Capacity, Production and Production Value? What Will Be the Estimation of Cost and Profit? What Will Be Market Share, Supply and Consumption? What about Import and Export?
- What Is Azimuth Thrusters Market Chain Analysis by Upstream Raw Materials and Downstream Industry?
- What Is Economic Impact On Azimuth Thrusters Industry? What are Global Macroeconomic Environment Analysis Results? What Are Global Macroeconomic Environment Development Trends?
- What Are Market Dynamics of Azimuth Thrusters Market? What Are Challenges and Opportunities?
- What Should Be Entry Strategies, Countermeasures to Economic Impact, and Marketing Channels for Azimuth Thrusters Industry?
- Which Manufacturing Technology is used for Azimuth Thrusters? What Developments Are Going On in That Technology? Which Trends Are Causing These Developments?
Below are two of the latest industry developments:
- May 2020: Richardson Devine Marine (RDM) delivered its Incat Crowther design vessel to Sealink Tasmania, a leading ferry owner. SCHOTTEL provided its unique propulsion solutions to an all-aluminium ferry named Nairana.
- September 2019: Kongsberg signed an agreement with Damen Shipyards to offer the Kongsberg Maritime solution to the SeaDream Yacht Club cruise line. It is fully integrated and valued at USD 21.5 million.
View Related News:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Read Press Release: