The global antenna market size is anticipated to grow in a stately manner owing to the increasing development of technologically advanced satellite antenna in the aerospace and defense industry, observes Fortune Business Insights™ in an upcoming report, titled, “Antenna Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Radio Antennas, Smart Antennas), By Technology Type (SIMO, MIMO, MISO, Others), By Application (RADAR, Satellite Communications, Cellular Communications, WiFi Systems, WiMax Systems, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028.” The growing adoption of satellite communication in aircraft and the modernization of anti-jam GPS navigation systems in the military are expected to drive the demand for antennas.
The COVID-19 contagion has been a nightmare to the global aerospace industry. The commercial aviation in specific has been adversely affected by the pandemic as companies are experiencing challenges, such as limited workforce and traveling restrictions amid nationwide lockdowns. The demand for spare parts is also decreasing since there is a limited requirement for maintenance. Aircraft manufacturers being capital intensive by nature, are raising short-term concerns about cash flow and liquidity. At Fortune Business Insights, we are committed to help you in devising various strategies to overcome the crisis.
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out a few of the renowned companies present in the antenna market. They are as follows:
- Accel Networks LLC
- ArrayComm LLC
- Broadcom Corp.
- Linx Technologies
- Motorola Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Rukuss Wireless
Highlights of the Report:
While making the report, we segmented the market on the basis of product, type, consumption, distribution channel, and region. Based on the segmentation, we made a list of companies and conducted a detailed analysis of their financial positions, product portfolios, and growth strategies. Our next step included the study of core competencies of key players and their market share to anticipate the degree of competition. The bottom-up procedure was conducted to arrive at the overall size of the market.
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Modernization of Aerospace Industry Worldwide to Drive Growth
The rising focus on modernizing the aerospace industry, especially in developed regions including North America and Europe, is estimated to drive the growth of the global antenna market. For instance, the European nations have adopted Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR), an airspace modernization program that focuses on improving Air Traffic Management (ATM) and installing innovative solutions to eliminate inefficiencies associated with European Air Traffic Management. However, the high cost associated with the development is anticipated to hinder growth.
- Radio Antennas
- Smart Antennas
By Technology Type
- Satellite Communications
- Cellular Communications
- WiFi Systems
- WiMax Systems
- North America (The U.S., and Canada)
- Europe (The U.K., Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Rest of the World ( Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
Robust Aerospace and Defense Industry in U.S. to Help North America Dominate
North America is set to dominate the global antenna market owing to the unprecedented development of the aerospace and defense industry in the U.S. For instance, according to the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA), in 2019, the total sales revenue of the industry contributed a combined economic value of USD 396 billion, representing around 1.8% of total U.S. GDP. In addition, the U.S. being the leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of technologically advanced aircraft would drive the demand for antennas in the region.
The market in Asia Pacific is projected to capture significant growth in the upcoming years. The rising adoption of tactical communication, security, & surveillance activities in emerging nations including China and India are estimated to ensure growth in the region.
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth?
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
Finding Applications in the Defense Sector to Aid Key Players Gain Prominence
The global antenna market comprises prominent enterprises and manufacturers focusing on the industry’s development. Key players are focusing on finding new applications in the satellite technology in order to gain high share in the aerospace and defense industry. For instance, in April 2020, the U.S. Space Force’s Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) awarded L3Harris Technologies USD 500 million indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for anti-jam satellite communications mode.
- In April 2019, Viasat launched the second-generation hybrid in-flight connectivity Ku-/Ka-band antenna system for commercial wide-body aircraft. Ku-/Ka-band terminal is the most capable and flexible solution for GeoSynchronous and Non-GeoSynchronous satellite networks.
- In June 2017, Bae Systems Inc. and Department of Defense (the U.S.) were awarded a contract with a valuation of USD 12.3 million to provide 256 antenna units on single-seat F/A-18A jets.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]