The global homeland security and emergency management market size projected to reach USD 777.0 billion by 2027. It is set to gain traction from the ever-increasing number of border security issues and terrorist attacks occurring worldwide. Fortune Business Insights™ provided this information in a recent report, titled, “Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis, By System (Modeling And Simulation, Communication System, Rescue And Recovery Systems, Intelligence And Surveillance System, Detection And Monitoring System, Weapon System, Command And Control, And Others), By End Use (Cyber Security, CBRNE Security, Aviation Security, Maritime Security, Law Enforcement and Intelligence Gathering, Critical Infrastructure Security, Risk and Emergency Services, and Border Security), and Regional Forecast, 2020- 2027.” The report further mentions that the market stood at USD 549.40 billion in 2019. However, it is set to exhibit a CAGR of 4.43% during the forecast period between 2020 to 2027.
Leidos Begins Work on a USD 450 Million Contract Given by the U.S. Air Force
In April 2020, Leidos, a scientific research company based in the U.S., restarted work on a contract from US Air Force (USAF) worth USD 450 million. It would enable the company in delivering IT services to those users within the National Capital Region (NCR). This contract was provided to Leidos last year. But, the work was suspended owing to several protests. The indefinite-quantity, indefinite-delivery contract requires the company to offer unclassified and classified IT services and support to the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), National Military Command Center (NMCC), USAF, and other organizations and agencies present in the NCR. Work consists of cybersecurity, system engineering, enterprise IT operations, and IT programme management for a period of five years.
Worldwide COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
The emergence of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill. We understand that this health crisis has brought an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. However, this too shall pass. Rising support from governments and several companies can help in the fight against this highly contagious disease. Some industries are struggling and some are thriving. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be impacted by the pandemic.
We are making continuous efforts to help your business sustain and grow during COVID-19 pandemics. Based on our experience and expertise, we will offer you an impact analysis of coronavirus outbreak across industries to help you prepare for the future.
Browse Detailed Research Insights:
List of Key Companies Operating in the Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market are:
- BAE Systems
- CACI International Inc.
- Collins Aerospace
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- SAAB AB
- Thales Group
High Demand for Situational Awareness to Propel Growth
There is a high demand for situational awareness as it is capable of analyzing and identifying complex data regarding the battlefield scenarios. It is very helpful for decision-makers and hence, a significant factor in land, naval, and air-based operations. Cutting-edge technologies also provide maritime, ground, and air solutions with unique command, control, communication, computers, combat, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C5ISR) services for providing access to the real-time database. However, in the field of cybersecurity, lack of proactive measures may obstruct this market growth in the coming years.
Geographically, the detailed analysis of consumption, revenue, market share and growth rate (historic and forecast) of the following regions are covered:
- North America (the USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- What are the homeland security and emergency management market trends, growth drivers, and hindrances?
- How will the market be affected in the near future?
- Which vital strategies are implemented by key companies to boost sales?
- Which region is likely to remain in the dominant position in terms of revenue?
- Which segment would lead the market by generating the largest share?
Key questions answered in the report:
- What will the market growth rate of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market in 2026?
- What are the key factors driving the global: Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market?
- Who are the key manufacturers in Security of homeland security and Emergency Management Market?
- What are the market opportunities, market risk and market overview of the: Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market?
- What are sales, revenue, and price analysis of top manufacturers of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market?
- What are sales, revenue, and price analysis by types and applications of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market?
- What are sales, revenue, and price analysis by regions of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market?
- Extensive product offerings
- Customer research services
- Robust research methodology
- Comprehensive reports
- Latest technological developments
- Value chain analysis
- Growth dynamics
- Quality assurance
- Post-sales support
- Regular report updates
Rising Usage in Military System to Favor Growth of Detection and Monitoring System Segment
In terms of system, the market is divided into intelligence and surveillance system, modeling and simulation, command and control, rescue and recovery systems, weapon system, communication system, detection and monitoring system, and others. Out of these, the detection and monitoring system segment held 25.87% homeland security and emergency management market share in 2019. This growth is attributable to their increasing usage in various military equipment and systems.
Upgradation of Conventional Equipment to Favor Growth in North America
Based on geography, the homeland market is fragmented into South America, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America. Amongst these, North America procured USD 208.77 billion homeland security & emergency management market revenue in 2019. This growth is attributable to the rising military expenditure and up-gradation of airborne, air, and land systems in the U.S. In addition to that, the country houses several prominent companies, namely, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Raytheon Company, and Northrop Grumman Corporation. It would also contribute to the growth of the homeland security and emergency management agency in this region.
Asia Pacific, on the other hand, would remain in the second position owing to the military modernization programs and spendings in the developing countries, such as South Korea, India, and China. Also, the increasing rates of cybercrime and cross-border conflicts would boost growth. Europe is set to hold the third position backed by the presence of many renowned of homeland security manufacturers in this region.
Key Companies Aim to Win New Contracts to Strengthen Positions
The companies are following inorganic and organic strategies, such as novel product launches and mergers and acquisitions to intensify competition. They are also trying to get new orders and contracts from reputed firms to deliver their products and gain a competitive edge.
Major Industry Developments of the Market include:
- January 2019: General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) bagged the Navy Cyber Mission Engineering Support contract from the U.S. Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center. The total value of this contract is worth USD 898 million. It consists of one six-month option-to-extend-services option, one two-year option ordering period, and a five-year base ordering period. GDIT will be able to provide innovative solutions catering to the warfighting needs of the Navy and Marine Corps.
- January 2018: Serco Inc. acquired BTP Systems, a technology services contractor for USD 20 million. It would help the former in broadening its defense sector and include new federal consumers.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels:
Read Press Release: